Carers Support Worker
Hours: 37 hours per week (P/T will be considered)
Salary: £21,000 to £22,250
Location: Home-based with home/doorstep visits in Buckinghamshire and occasional travel to Carers Bucks Aylesbury office (Government guidelines allowing).
- To provide information, advice, guidance and emotional support to unpaid, family carers aged 75 and over in Buckinghamshire.
- To identify and support previously unknown older carers.
- To support isolated older carers who may struggle to access services, due to the restrictions that caring imposes, frailty, depression/anxiety, and a lack of transport, particularly in rural areas.
- At the initial home visit, you will develop a support plan with the carer. Up to five follow-up visits may be necessary to help support the carer to make the changes that they have identified.
- To work with GP practices to ensure they identify and support their patients who are older carers and refer them to Carers Bucks.
Young Carers Support Worker
Hours: Various options available
Salary: £21,000 to £22,500 FTE (pro rata for part time)
Location: Opportunities across Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes
To work effectively as a member of the Young Carers and Young Adult Carers team, to offer practical and emotional support to young carers who are caring for a parent, sibling or other family member due to disability, a long term illness, poor mental health and wellbeing and/or addiction.
Are you caring for someone?
Do you look after someone who cannot manage without you because they are ill, frail or have a disability?
If so, you are a carer and Carers Bucks can help you.