There are a number of basic things your employer could help you with in your caring role. These could include:
- Access to a place to make private telephone calls
- Reserved car parking space to make getting in and out of work quicker and easier
- Reasonable notice of overtime so Carers have time make arrangements
- Adjustments to ensure carers do not miss out on training and development opportunities.
- Access to a laptop to enable Carers to work from home.
Your employer could also establish a forum or group for Carers and give time to staff to attend.
If your employer offers none of these things why not suggest it to them and see what happens. If your organisation would like to develop a Carers’ Policy but needs help with it contact Carers Bucks, and we will be happy to help.