Carers Rights Day 2022
Today is Carers Rights Day and, this year, the focus is on Caring Costs. From the costs to finances and employment options; to the current cost of living crisis; to the cost to a carer’s own physical and mental wellbeing, and ability to access health services, Caring Costs unpaid carers in many different ways.
Each year, Carers Rights Day helps to:
- ensure carers are aware of their rights
- let carers know where to get help and support
- raise awareness of the needs of carers
Whether you have recently become a carer, realised that you have been caring for some time without support, or have been caring for someone for many years, it’s important that you understand your rights and are able to access the support that is available to you.
So, at Carers Bucks, what are some of the ways in which we can support you to manage the different Caring Costs?
- Take a look at our new Cost of Living webpage, full of useful information about benefits, local support offers and much more
- If eligible, is the person you care for claiming Attendance Allowance? If eligible, are you claiming Carer’s Allowance?
- If the person you care for has dementia and is receiving Attendance Allowance, you may be able to claim a reduction on your Council Tax payments
- Carers UK have produced a guide which explains your rights as a carer and gives an overview of practical and financial support that you can access, including information for working carers
- It’s important that you feel empowered to ask questions with confidence in healthcare settings and to access all the support available to you. Did you know that we have a hospital support team who can offer practical and emotional support whilst your loved one is in hospital?
- Without a support network around you, caring can impact your own wellbeing – come and join us at our weekly winter drop-ins and our regular support groups, where you will be warmly welcomed by our support team
For more information on how we can support you in your caring role, get in touch with us on 0300 777 2722 or email@example.com. If you use social media, follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. We look forward to hearing from you.
Are you caring for someone?
Do you look after someone who cannot manage without you because they are ill, frail or have a disability?
If so, you are a carer and Carers Bucks can help you.