Support Over Christmas
At Carers Bucks we understand that the Christmas and New Year period can present additional challenges for carers and we want to ensure that you have access to the information and support that you may need in the coming weeks.
We would encourage you to check that your Carers Emergency Plan is up to date and that you have your Carers Emergency Card stored safely in a purse or wallet. If you have not yet filled in a Carers Emergency Plan, see our Planning for an Emergency page where you can find an Emergency Plan template and also our “Being Prepared for an Emergency” document.
Christmas can be a busy and sometimes stressful time and we would like to share this Introduction to Mindfulness video kindly created by Pauline Mines, who has delivered our Mindfulness sessions this year. There are more Mindfulness sessions included in our support group programme for 2022.
Our opening times over the Christmas period are detailed below, and, in addition, you may find the following telephone numbers useful:
- Buckinghamshire Adult Social Care (office hours) – 01296 383204
- Buckinghamshire Council Out of Hours – 0800 999 7677
- Buckinghamshire Council Safeguarding Adults – 0800 137 915
- Buckinghamshire Council Children and Families Team – 01296 383962
- Samaritans – 116 123 or email@example.com, 24 hours a day
- Silverline – 0800 470 8090 free, confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people, open 24 hours a day
- Carers UK – 0808 808 7777. The helpline will be open from 9am-6pm over the festive period including Christmas Eve, Bank Holiday Monday and New Year’s Eve.
In the event of an emergency, please call 999.
Carers Bucks Opening Times
Friday 24th December – 9am until 1pm
Saturday 25th to Tuesday 28th December – Our office is closed
Wednesday 29th December – Our phone lines are open from 10am-2pm
Thursday 30th December – Our phone lines are open from 10am-2pm
Friday 31st December – Our phone lines are open from 10am-2pm
We will then reopen at 9am on Tuesday 4th January 2022.