Support Over Christmas
At Carers Bucks we understand that the Christmas and New Year period can present additional challenges for carers and we want to ensure that you have access to the information and support that you may need in the coming weeks.
We would encourage you to check that your Carers Emergency Plan is up to date and that you have your Carers Emergency Card stored safely in a purse or wallet. If you have not yet filled in a Carers Emergency Plan, see our Planning for an Emergency page where you can find an Emergency Plan template and also our “Being Prepared for an Emergency” document.
Christmas can be a busy and sometimes stressful time and we would like to share this Introduction to Mindfulness video kindly created by Pauline Mines, who has delivered Mindfulness sessions to our carers support groups.
If you require assistance outside of these times you may find the following useful:
- Buckinghamshire Council’s Adult Social Care Team – 01296 383204 (office hours) or 0800 999 7677 (out of office hours)
- Buckinghamshire Council’s Children and Families Team – 01296 383962
- Samaritans – 116 123 (24 hours a day)
- Silverline, a free, confidential helpline providing information, friendship and advice to older people – 0800 4 70 80 90 (24 hours a day)
- In the event of an emergency, please call 999
Carers Bucks Opening Times
Friday 23rd December – 9am – 4.30pm
Monday 26th December – Our office is closed
Tuesday 27th December – Our office is closed
Wednesday 28th December – Our phone lines are open from 10am – 2pm
Thursday 29th December – Our phone lines are open from 10am – 2pm
Friday 30th December – Our phone lines are open from 10am – 2pm
We will then reopen at 9am on Tuesday 3rd January 2023.